Ordo Draconis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ordo Draconis

Twilight's Hammer

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Survival MM hunter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dunendai

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:20 pm

1. General Information

- Your character name Dunendain
- Your class Dwarf Hunter
- Your gear and talent build (the Blizzard Armory)

- List your titles you think are relevant to us. "Of the nightfall and undying"
- What do you think needs most improvement on your character. Some parts of my gear (hands and pants)
- Are you able to understand and speak in english over ventrilo? yes
- Post a picture of your UI in a raid.
- Post a picture of your performance in raid ( recount ) or on the heroic training dummy lasting more that 5 seconds.

2. Playing times & Raiding times

- Describe what you do in an average online week. daily's
- When are you online and what days are absolutely not possible? Online everyday except if something really bad happens Sad
- What are your ideal raiding times?
-- Monday: 19:00-00:00
-- Tuesday: 19:00-00:00
-- Wednesday:19:00-00:00
-- Thursday: 19:00-00:00
-- Friday: 19:00-00:00
-- Saturday: 19:00-00:00
-- Sunday: 19:00-00:00

3. Former guilds, experiences & your motivations to join Ordo Draconis: Arctica and Endaare

- What were your previous guilds, and why did you leave them?personal problems
- What are your overall raiding experiences so far?icc10 10/12 icc 25 6/12
- What are your ambitions and motivations to join Ordo Draconis as a raid member? more more progress!!!
- Why should you be accepted in the guild ? because you are in need of a good hunter

4. Personal information

- Your first name Spyros
- Your age 23
- Your country Greece
- More information about yourself (optional) nothing special

5. Varia

- modem or cable? modem
- blue or red? Red
- active or passive? active
- black or brown? Brown
- ventrilo or teamspeak? both
- How much is 10110110 : bla bla bla
Back to top Go down
Dunendai

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Nemesiz
Forum Member
Nemesiz

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:49 am

Heya, just a few questions;

Why 40 haste on your bow? 40 Crit is better, since you have 5/5 in Imp. Hawk you will reach haste cap easily when it procs, which it does fairly often.

Starting with your MM Spec:

2/3 in Imp. Arcane Shot. Arcane shot should NOT be talented as a MM hunter, Arcane Shot doesn't get plusses from Arcane Shot, + Arcane Shot is too much mana for too little dmg.

0/1 Silencing Shot. Get this one, it's off the GCD, meaning you can weave it into your shots manually or macro them into it. fx. /cast Chimera Shot - /cast Silencing Shot. So macro it into every shot you got, it's a DPS increase.

Your glyphs; Dno how your latency is, if it's low and your game runs smoothly, get Glyph of Chimera Shot, and switch it out with either hawk or kill shot. Also get Minor Glyph of Feign Death, might help sometimes Razz

Put your Nightmear's Tear into your Legs, in order to get the agi bonus, instead of the haste bonus from shoulders.

P.S Why do you want haste?
Back to top Go down
Nemesiz
Forum Member
Nemesiz

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:50 am

P.S.S

You can't post links, you need to make a space somewhere in the link. But here it is; http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&cn=Dunendain
Back to top Go down
patriots
Raid member
patriots

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:28 pm

I was getting ready to disagree with nemesiz but what he said is bang on. At a high level of Arp which u shud be aiming for with MM, arcane is removed from rotations so imp is a waste. Often in MM spec u end up with talent points with no where to spend them that will significantly increase dps, so best to put them in focused fire so u can drop some hit gear or in Imp hunter's mark which can benefit raids. As regards to SV spec i highly reccomend noxious stings (3% more dmg on targets with serpent sting).

One final query i have is why you havent invested in any T10 gear the 2 set-bonus is very nice so replacing Head+chest even with 251 lvl t10 will benefit u more, plus losing that hit means u can put point in focused fire Smile

GL with app

Patriots
Back to top Go down
Nemesiz
Forum Member
Nemesiz

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Oh yeah, i didn't notice the Noxious Sting one. Pat' speaks the truth.

But tbh, instead of putting 1 point in Imp. HM, it's better to put it into Efficiency imho. Going 1/3 Imp. HM is just half arsed. But then again, depends on how you manage your mana.

I was looking forward to disagree with you too Pat' ='(
Back to top Go down
patriots
Raid member
patriots

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:03 pm

u shouldn't really have mana problems in 25 m
And putting them in Imp HM is only a last resort i.e hit capped and nothing else to fill.
and i still maintain 3 hunters benefit significantly from a 30% better mark its not a waste.
Back to top Go down
Dunendai

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Sutvival   Survival MM hunter EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 am

nemesiz ty for the link i dunno why in my pc didnt worked...

anyway the talent build that you are looking is not the proper one i am survival atm and i applied as survival and not as mm
as mm i am working on it i am working on femaledwarf.com

anyway an easy solution is to trial me and if you see that i cant compromise to the guild standards you can kick me Razz
Back to top Go down
Dunendai

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Sutvival   Survival MM hunter EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:13 am

soz for being late for the answers but i had some net problems now got fixed... Razz
Back to top Go down
Nemesiz
Forum Member
Nemesiz

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:33 am

Ok mejt. Think patriots highlighted some of the talents you should spec into.

Aye, putting you on trial is an easy solution, but i am not the one to judge if you should or not Very Happy

P.S Guests cannot post links, so you would have to make a space somewhere in the link. Also very good that you know Femaledwarf.com.
Back to top Go down
Zerker
Guild Master
Zerker

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:52 pm

Please fix the links like Nemesis said and post the information required and answer the questions asked.
Back to top Go down
Dunendai

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Survival   Survival MM hunter EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Heya, just a few questions;

1)Why 40 haste on your bow? 40 Crit is better, since you have 5/5 in Imp. Hawk you will reach haste cap easily when it procs, which it does fairly often.

let me tell you what i believe for haste : it is like hit cap you need to be 513 all time. Improved Hawk is only a benefit when it procs and as i see it on my hunter it procs but not so often that is needed on fight's (it gives 10%)

Starting with your MM Spec:

2)2/3 in Imp. Arcane Shot. Arcane shot should NOT be talented as a MM hunter, Arcane Shot doesn't get plusses from Arcane Shot, + Arcane Shot is too much mana for too little dmg.

3)0/1 Silencing Shot. Get this one, it's off the GCD, meaning you can weave it into your shots manually or macro them into it. fx. /cast Chimera Shot - /cast Silencing Shot. So macro it into every shot you got, it's a DPS increase.

4)Your glyphs; Dno how your latency is, if it's low and your game runs smoothly, get Glyph of Chimera Shot, and switch it out with either hawk or kill shot. Also get Minor Glyph of Feign Death, might help sometimes Razz

6)Put your Nightmear's Tear into your Legs, in order to get the agi bonus, instead of the haste bonus from shoulders. I will

for questions no 2 3 4 5 i wont answer cause i dont know very much about mm specc but i will change them as nemesiz posted
i am agi gemmed atm and not armpen gemmed so i am interested as a survival

P.S Why do you want haste? let me tell you what i see on my recount in every fight 1st Explosive Shot 2nd Auto shot
i dont see any reason to boost other attacks rather than this one

One final query i have is why you havent invested in any T10 gear the 2 set-bonus is very nice so replacing Head+chest even with 251 lvl t10 will benefit u more i know t10 2set bonus is good i have head and chest but recently got 264 lvl head and replaced both head and chest

Oh yeah, i didn't notice the Noxious Sting one. Pat' speaks the truth. tried it i dont find it a good idea plus you lose many talents points +1 to Wyvern Sting

if you need more tell me
Back to top Go down
Dunendai

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Survival   Survival MM hunter EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:43 pm

eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&cn=Dunendain
img638.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot032610220220.png/
Back to top Go down
Dunendai

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Survival   Survival MM hunter EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:36 pm

i wanna join as survival cause i know this specc better than mm but if i see difference in raids then i will turn to mm
i use mm specc mostly on pvp for burst dmg...
Back to top Go down
Nemesiz
Forum Member
Nemesiz

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 am

1: of all: Haste is pure shit (currently) for hunters. You have misunderstood somthing. You will only need the amount of haste to get your steady shot to a 2.5 cast time so you can spam steadies while waiting for main shots to get off cd. If you have 5/5 Imp. Hawk you will see it proc, a lot. Do you have an add on to see when it procs? Btw. The Haste cap is 523.

2: I noticed it wrote wrong in the following: Arcane Shot doesn't get plusses from Arcane Shot Armor Penetration. Do you have any kind of ArP trinket? Mjollnir's Runestone or Needle Encrusted Scorpion?

3: Now, I'm not so keen on Haste anymore, but first of all, explosive shot is an instant shot, so haste makes no difference there, and i'm 99.9% certain that haste does not reduce CD's on spells. You must understand, that by using 40 haste scope, you lose 40 crit. Yes, your autoshots and steady shots may fire quicker, but they won't crit as much as if you used 40 crit. + 40 Crit benefits all your shots and melee attacks aswell for that matter. Wait with the haste until Cata please Wink

4: Noxius Stings / Imp. SrS > Thrill of the Hunt / Hunting Party. You only get 3% Agi from Hunting Party, that rly ain't much, it also grants you mana, but wth, you won't have mana problems in 25 man, rarely, just "aspect switch" between phases or when you have to run or somthing, you can always pop a mana pot. 1/3 In Thrill of the Hunt is enough. Imp. SrS grants you 30% more dmg. Noxious Stings grants all your attacks 3% more dmg if your target is afflicted with SrS, but it should always be. Not also, bear in mind you have T9 2 set bonus, so your SrS with crit now, making it even better. Granted, for me to see Noxious Stings / Hunting Party, kinda just pick one, but if you put it into your spreadsheet, you will definetly see these changes i've written to be better than your current spec. It is true, that the Wyvern Sting is a wasted talent point more or less, used very rarely, think i used mine last time i went UD 10 on adds in Freya's room Very Happy But it is still 1 less talent point than Thrill of the Hunt / Hunting Party.

That's all from me atm, GL with your app. =)

Last edited by Nemesiz on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
patriots
Raid member
patriots

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 am

"You only get 3% AP from Hunting Party" its agi mate
Back to top Go down
Nemesiz
Forum Member
Nemesiz

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:50 am

I just got home from work. 7 am to freaking 5 pm. -.-

But yes yes, you are right oh mighty croatian, but still, doesn't make the talent any better.

P.S Did you notice my fine layout in my previous post?
Back to top Go down
Dunendai

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Survival   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 am

1st you need that amount of haste to decrease steady shot to 1.5 sec casting not 2,5 as you said
and no1 said that haste will decrease the global cd all ppl know that is 1sec

Needle Encrusted Scorpion is on my char at armory...

You only get 3% Agi from Hunting Party, that rly ain't much, it also grants you mana, but wth, you won't have mana problems in 25 man, rarely, just "aspect switch" never as survival had mana probs plus +3% is really good enough

Yes, your autoshots and steady shots may fire quicker, but they won't crit as much as if you used 40 crit. + 40 Crit benefits all your shots and melee attacks aswell for that matter

+40crit it provides ~0,87 % crit at level 80 atm i have 56,25% with this scope it will be 57,12% no big difference plus raid buffed and with Master Tactician i reach 80% easily...
Back to top Go down
Nemesiz
Forum Member
Nemesiz

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 am

1: Oh yes, 1.5. But why do you want haste so much then? You got your proc called Quick Shots, it's more than enough. Not talking about GCD, but shot CD.

Don't use NES as Surv Specced.

2: Yes, 3% Agi might be good, but not good enough to be better than other spec choices. Since no mana problems, no reason to use 3/3 Hunting Party. Dmg wise, go for Imp. SrS / Noxious Stings.

3: 0.87% Crit is better than 40+ haste, no matter how you see it. You can ask the best hunters in the world, or just check it on the spreadsheet yourself.
Back to top Go down
patriots
Raid member
patriots

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 pm

First i want to say that haste has been proven to be a hunters least desirable stat. FACT no matter how much you stack it crit/arp will always prove to give better dps.

Secondly thx is in order as i took the time to run you through the spreadsheet i currently use.

Start DPS presuming you logged out in current pve gear was 10035.36dps.
With a few simple modifications got it up to 10736.91 this involved no increase in haste i might add.
Switched shadowserpent helm with t10 251 helm, and hauberk of thousand cuts with t10 251 chest. this reduced hit to 202 so removed 3 points from imp mark (nemesiz will spec this!) and put 2 in focused fire and 1 in imp barrage. Not hard changes to make but significant increase.

Further after some complex counting off my pc's calendar i worked out that icc has been out 122 days thats 122 possible heroics hence 244 possible emblems, this can buy atleast the 2 items i mentioned above and the emblem cloak ( i know you have belt, but presuming you did ICC10/25 fairly regualrly you shud have enough badges for the cloak aswell) this gets you up a further 60 dps. Finally i dont know about your gold situation but the crafted boots are probably BiS atm and are well worth investing in ( i can craft btw) another 108dps.

Final DPS 10908.19
Back to top Go down
Nemesiz
Forum Member
Nemesiz

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:25 pm

Coolio Pat', i honestly didn't cba to run it through, since he had already said he used spreadsheets.

Yes, i will spec into HM, when i will get the freaking ArP trinket Dunendain has.
Back to top Go down
Dunendai

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Survival   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:37 pm

i dont have mana problems using Hunting Party
never tried without it but it seems that i will have...
anyway...
Back to top Go down
Dunendai

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Survival   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:50 pm

dont make calculations patriots i have headache Razz
i used to be offline many days when icc opened and lost many of the frost badges from daily heroic dungeon
plus i helped a friend to craft shadow's edge with money and some of my frost...
about money i recently changed mining into jc and atm i dont have many...
but waiting for some auctions so it could be a good think to craft those boots...
Back to top Go down
Nemesiz
Forum Member
Nemesiz

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:04 pm

As survival, having mana problems even without hunting party, is very rare. Tbh, if you ain't got the gold, just sit there and hope you can get Treads of the Wasteland from BP, nearly as good, since you are survival as i am.
Back to top Go down
Sebbel
Forum Member
Sebbel

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:30 pm

I have to decline your application since we are in no need of more hunters, thanks for showing intrest and GL in further guildsearching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Survival MM hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival MM hunter   Survival MM hunter Empty

Back to top Go down

Survival MM hunter
Page 1 of 1