Ordo Draconis

Twilight's Hammer

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Shadow/holy priest application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heavensl

PostSubject: Shadow/holy priest application   Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:18 am

Hi!
My name is Martin and this is my application to Ordo Draconis.

I play a dwarf, male, priest named Heavenslight.
My current specs are holy and shadow and I'm experienced playing both of the specs.
I'm also experienced as disc only not as much as holy and shadow.

Background:
I began playing wow during the Burning crusade expansion and joined up with the guild Timeworms. I raided with them untill early BT (pre nerfs). Timeworms went semicasual and i took over the guildleadership.
With me as leader i took Timeworms through Naxxramas 10/25, OS 10/25 2/3 drakes up, malygos 10/25 and the first few bosses in Ulduar. Time worms then disbanded since i coulnd't take the slow progress and lack of effort from the majority of the members.
I joined up with the guild Circle of Light and with them i went through everything in ulduar on normal mode. Also a couple of hardmodes which the guild managed.
I played hardcore and Circle of lights raidingtimes didn't feed my needs. The progress slowed down and I decided with a friend to hook up with Essential Accenture.
With EA i raided everything in Ulduar up to Algalon.

When TOC was released i downed 4/5 bosses in the 25 man heroic version, together with EA.
So i more or less Raided everything there was to raid untill i quit playing.
I had a break from wow for about half a year and now I'm back on track to enjoy some more hardcore/semihardcore raiding. Cuz raiding is my passion. ^^
This explained I can guarantee you that I'm a very experienced player who rarely make mistakes.

Since i got back. (2 days ago, Sunday 2010-03-21)
I've been to:
Voa 10/25 killed Toravon. 100% sure of tactics.
Onyxia 10/25 killed Onyxia. 100% sure of tactics.
ICC 10/25. Killed Marrowgar, Lady deathwhisper, Gunshipbattle, Saurfang and I had tries on Festergut. For these 5 bosses I'm 100% sure of the tactics after 1 try on each of them.
On the remaining bosses I've only read the tactics and watched movies so i wouldn't say I'm 100% sure of the tactics. Atleast 90% sure. Iäm a fest learner and encoutners rarely take more than one try for me to fully understand what my role is. I'm also good at coming up with new ideas and tactics that might be helpful

On my tries on these bosses i never made even 1 misstake, never died, and never took unecesary dmg. Thanks to my "healermentality" and "healeroverview" regarding the encounters i rarely make any misstakes.

Shortstory: I'm always prepared for every encounter, I always know what to do and Iäm fexlible as hell. Want me as dps? I got spec, gear, skill, flasks, food, potions you name it. Same goes for healer.

As raidleader for Time worms i attended every single raid we had. Call me nolifer xD

With Circle of light i had an attendance around 95% and i more or less raided 7-8 times per week. 4-5 normal raids and the occasional 10 mans etc etc.

With essential accenture i attended every raid and/or were backup for those i didn't get to join that evening.

450 enchanting, 450 tailoring, High Fishing, High Cooking.

All my weapon skills are at 450 xcept knuckles.
All my gearsets got purple gems in them.
Usually while raiding i carry gems that i supposedly would put in new gear and mats to enchant my gear. So if and when i get new gear I'll be able to use them for the next creature we pull.

Now to the gearpart:
Skill>gear we all know that right? Wink
Anyways gear will always be a factor taken into account while applying to a guild so I can't take that "flaw" away.

Armory link:

I'm aware that my gear in your eyes aren't that good but so far I've been able to outheal healers with way better gear than me. I went Toc25 as shadow with a pug. Everyone had way better gear than me but i still managed to get top 5 on dps.
My goal is to acheive and outdps/heal people in my raid whilst not making any mistakes. And so far I've been fulfilling my goal making me and outstanding asset/player.
So what's really holding me back is my gear which's being replaced part by part day by day.

Im running a "monster" computer so lagg is long gone for me. 30-60 steady FPS while raiding and 25-30 fps whilst moving in dalaran. Not to mention that im running all graphicssettings on 100%
Got a 8Mb line into my house so Ms is not an issue either.

As you might have understood by now that my English is good, atleast i concider it good.
Most likely someone will find grammar and/or spelling fails in here but then again noone's perfect. (:

I got ventrilo 3.x.x and mix. Also got Ts3. I'm not shy so if i get to join you'll be hearing from me ^^.

I can guarantee you that I got all the qualities you look for whilst recruiting so give me a go you won't regret it. (:

Regards Heavenslight

P.S. If there's something you would like to know, feel free to ask and if you feel that I missed somethign in my reply please let me know so i can add it.

P.S II. If i don't cut it i'd love to join as casual, that way you could monitor my improovement and i'll ahve a nice guild to spend my time in whilst i work on my gear. I'm a nice guy so you wouldnät regret having me as hangaround either^^.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Heavensl

PostSubject: Armory link.   Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:19 am

Missed it above sorry.
Back to top Go down
Heavensl

PostSubject: Armory link.   Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:20 am

Seems like i can't link the armory link for some reason.

eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&cn=Heavenslight
Back to top Go down
Heavensl

PostSubject: Shadow/holy priest application   Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:10 am

Noticed i missed a few parts in my application that might be off intrest.
I'm 20 years old and I'm from Sweden.
Pic of ui and recount isn't availible atm since i'm not at home writing this application. I'll add that as soon as i can.
I can more or less raid every evening off the week since i dont have any other obligations than working from 8-4, 5 day per week. I can stay up untill 00-01 every weekday and as long as it needs during weekends.
however I want/need those occasional friday/saturday evenings for my social life^^.

Motivation to join the guild.
You always had good progression and raided alongside the guilds i've been in before.
Friendly and qualified players which i can resemble to.
You raid and in the end thats the only thing i want to do. ^^
I'm online more or less every day and i'll be online after work at around 5, the days i go home straight after work.

Why i should be accepted in the guild?
Hard question and hard to motivate.
I've explained many of my qualities already but to summarize:
I've got 2 specs both with viable gear and skill. Dps and healing.
I could be of use as tailor and enchanter.
High attendancerate.
Fast learner who never gives up.
Good former raiding experience.
Done fights like Mimiron Hm, Freya Hm, Thorim HM. Which was really hard back then xD.
I concider myself rich having above 30k gold so repairbills, gems, enchants, consumeables will always be topnotch immediately as i get new stuff.
No lag which means i'm able to react faster to heavy situations.
10 keybinds to my mouse for my healingspells, which means i heal fast. Really fast O.o.
I got all the necesary addons for raiding and i use Curseclient so i keep them up to date.
Experience as Guildleader for a long time and officer for almost the rest of the time i didn't spend as guildleader.
I Have been leading the raids for as long as i can remember and have for some reason in all guilds i've joined been treated as a core/officer member becuase of my intrest and effort into the raiding.
Back to top Go down
Ineedhugs
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Shadow/holy priest application   Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Heavensl wrote:

All my weapon skills are at 450 xcept knuckles.

Lies! Max is 400!

I was in TW in TBC and from what i can remember you are a good player. The gear is not really ready for LK though.

Good luck with your apply! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heavensl

PostSubject: Re: Shadow/holy priest application   Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:21 am

Right, was at work while writing the app and ofc i forgot the right lvls, thought max was 450 ^^
Back to top Go down
Zerker
Guild Master

PostSubject: Re: Shadow/holy priest application   Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:58 am

Unarmed weapon skill is very important for that last 1%.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pwndbeauty
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Shadow/holy priest application   Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:25 am

Zerker wrote:
Unarmed weapon skill is very important for that last 1%.

Do you remove your weapon when boss reach 1% to kill it unarmed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heavensl

PostSubject: Re: Shadow/holy priest application   Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:26 am

yeah, my dream is to fistfuck arthas to death.
Back to top Go down
SvenskBöG
Raid member

PostSubject: Re: Shadow/holy priest application   Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:59 am

U got me vote. Lets take him!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow/holy priest application   

Back to top Go down

Shadow/holy priest application
Page 1 of 1