Ordo Draconis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ordo Draconis

Twilight's Hammer

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Putricide etc

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeiedil
Forum Member
Aeiedil

Putricide etc Empty
PostSubject: Putricide etc   Putricide etc EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:07 am

I just thought I'd call by and see if you wanted any help on the tactics for Putricide/Blood Queen etc Smile There seems to be a lot of conflicting tactics floating around, so if you'd like to know what we found worked on Putricide + what we've found seems to work (we so far have wiped at about 10% and 20% due to a noob not realising how to bite people) on Blood Queen then just let me know Smile

Putricide especially we modified tactics a bit and managed to get him down in a couple of attempts this week Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.strayegg.com

Putricide etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putricide etc   Putricide etc EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:35 am

it feels like we got putricide locked down pretty nicely, just neewd a 100% execution of the tacs to make it work but otherwise its a pretty simple boss tbh.

blood we havnt tried out yet as i write this but i guess sunday will be the first tryes (have like 8/15 tryes left).
but even that fight seems pretty straight forward as long as people are alert and focused and not standing still like a retard smelling the flowers Very Happy

but share what u have, all help is nice
Back to top Go down
Zerker
Guild Master
Zerker

Putricide etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putricide etc   Putricide etc EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:21 am

Well any tips are welcome of course Razz can't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Aeiedil
Forum Member
Aeiedil

Putricide etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putricide etc   Putricide etc EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:49 am

Rightio Smile

Putricide is as you say a very simple boss.

We have Putricide tanked near where the green slimes spawn, with the tank facing him to the wall at the North (green slime) side of the room. The idea is that the tank kites him to the wall when he dumps his wtfpwnmakesyoumiss orange flasks. The flasks get dumped out of harms way and then putricide is brought back. Melee dps him with backs to the centre of the room (to give an idea of positioning). He seems to stand near the outside of the big circle.

When a green slime spawns, all melee run to it ready to pounce as soon as it spawns. Don't stand under the slime fountain because it hurts. Pewpewpew, at most you should get 1 explosion if it targets a melee, otherwise you should get none Smile

Gas cloud is simple, kite pewpewpew. All this time Putricide stays in the same place, northish of the room. Maybe a small bit of movement for slime pools / flasks but that's all. less movement = better melee dps / less ranged repositiining = less chaos. Melee move in as soon as a target is chosen to pewpew it down faster.

Ranged (and melee when dpsing a slime) should dodge the maleable goo, if they don't then they fail and probably cause a wipe. Also the goo gives a nasty slow debuff that hurts caster DPS/healing.

That should be P1 + P2, P3 you should aim to have no slime puddles, or as few as pos. You should also aim to have no slime, a slime up is probably a wipe due to not enough DPS on boss/dead dps/tank. If a tank dies early on in this phase and has not had more than 1 debuff stack on him it is not a wipe, just get them up ASAP and be ready to heal like a mofo. We had our second tank die twice on our kill in the start of P3 - once because the healers diddn't realise how fast he would die again Smile

Essential bits of P3 -> melee stand at max melee range to avoid orange miss pots. Ranged ALWAYS stand at ranged, if too many are in melee range then goo will wipe you 100%. It is more important for ranged to stay at ranged than to stay alive to a degree in those last few seconds, becasue goo in melee == tank death == boss heals == wipe Smile

Transitions are a bit point here, aim to get Putricide to 82%. This should be doable either when the first gas spore spawns, or shortly after. Once the gas spore is about to die/dead then dps him to P2 ASAP before the green spawns.

P2-P3 is the more crucial one, you can recover from a bad P1-P2 transition easily but P2-P3 is effectively the start of your soft enrage countdown as I'm sure you know. It is crucial 100% that you have NO slime, gas or greenie, at all spawned when he tear gasses. It is not the end of the world if you have a slime with say 20-40% health when he gasses because dots will probably kill it but still Smile

Do all that, then heroism 20 or so seconds into P3 - whenever you are comfortable - and you should have a kill Smile Losing a tank in P3 if they have many stacks is a wipe so that is healer priority Smile tanks + ofc themselves to heal the tanks Smile

Hope that is of help Smile
Back to top Go down
Aeiedil
Forum Member
Aeiedil

Putricide etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putricide etc   Putricide etc EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:54 am

Blood Queen I won't post much because we haven't killed her yet so tactics still adjusting, but this seems to work.

Blood queen is tanked where she spawns, on her pedestal, facing the wall. She will charge off at the start to bite someone. Try and have your best melee dpser high on the aggro list because she seems to bite whoever is 3rd (I think) on threat, although it might be 2nd. Having an off-tank bitten is a no-no.

IMPORTANT!!!! If you get bitten first, and die, the raid wipes. If you have 2 people with bites, and they die, its a wipe. If you lose all bitten people you don't get more and so it's a wipe.

When players get the 3-player yogg-style link, they run to the centre of the room (or thereabouts, centre of the triangle if they are sensible). They then WAIT for a second or so until they are 100% certain the debuff is clear. We had some instances where players ran out too soon. Fail.

With the legion-flame style thing that shits purple fire, treat it like Jaraxxus. Run to the wall, and run around the edge. This counts double if you are melee.

When she flies up in the air - this will happen twice during your kill probably - spread out. You need I think 6 yards range between players to minimise aoe damage. Save health stones etc for this bit is probably advisable to help the healers in a pinch.

Finally, something that seems to help a bit. If a melee is the first to be bitten, they should try to bite a ranged (hunters seem to do well here). If a ranged is first to be bitten, they should try to bite a melee (rogue warrior or DK I guess). From then on, ranged focuses on biting ranged, and melee focuses on biting melee. This minimises melee movement and should help minimise any instance where 2 people try and bite the same person. I haven't seen this on any other tactic I saw, just something that I thought of yesterday and it seemed to work nicely Smile

Anyway as with Putricide, I hope this is of help Smile With the above we got to about 10% or so, hopefully Monday will see her dead Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Putricide etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putricide etc   Putricide etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Putricide etc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ordo Draconis :: Need access?-
Jump to: