Ordo Draconis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ordo Draconis

Twilight's Hammer

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Application of Thodur, hunter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thodur
Forum Member

Application of Thodur, hunter Empty
PostSubject: Application of Thodur, hunter   Application of Thodur, hunter EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Application Template

1. General Information

- Your character name

Thodur

- Your class

Hunter

- Your gear and talent build (the Blizzard Armory)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&n=Thodur

- List your titles you think are relevant to us.

Champion of the frozen wastes?

- What do you think needs most improvement on your character.

Gear I guess

- Are you able to understand and speak in english over ventrilo?

Sure

- Post a picture of your UI in a raid.

See below, I only had 1 pic and no addons were on at the time.. sorry Cool

- Post a picture of your performance in raid ( recount ) or on the heroic training dummy lasting more that 5 seconds.

Only pic I have atm, at least I didn't cheat by using volley Smile :

Application of Thodur, hunter WoWScrnShot_010910_144128

2. Playing times & Raiding times

- Describe what you do in an average online week.

Some dailies, raiding, getting frustrated by trying to farm the damn mount of Baron Rivendare in Stratholme..

- When are you online and what days are absolutely not possible?

Normally middays and evenings, this month (January) I have even more free time then usually.

- What are your ideal raiding times?

Every day about 19.30/20.00 until late hours.

3. Former guilds, experiences & your motivations to join Ordo Draconis

- What were your previous guilds, and why did you leave them?

Previous guilds, phew tough one. I've been in a lot of guilds throughout the years (most of them weren't too serious), and left at times because the guilds just didn't feel right. It's hard to remember them all, but especially with earlier characters and later with this hunter I've been in well know guilds (at least back in the day) like Eldar, Celtic Warriors, LootFTW, Rage for Order and Vacuity. Sorry for not remembering them all.

- What are your overall raiding experiences so far?

Aight, so I started playing seriously end of 2005/ begin of 2006. I have done the old raids like Ahn'Qiraj, etc. After that I quit playing for a while and rejoined at TBC. Also raided the place there, Black Temple, Tempest Keep, Karazhan, etc. had no secrets for me. Loved it. I switched main characters throughout the years, and finally came to play with my hunter. Why? Because hunters are teh sh1zz0rz! ( Wink ) Been raiding with my hunter especially in WotLK: Naxx, OS, EoE , later ToC and also with other characters until I realized I really wanted to fully concentrate on this character from now on at this server. Nowadays I still raid ToC, Onyxia and Icecrown Citadel. Well that was a nice and short summary, just like my nice and short character (Dwarf, hope you got the hint Wink ).

- What are your ambitions and motivations to join Ordo Draconis as a raid member?

Well I wanted to join because I was tired of failing pugs affraid and I've seen your guild around for quite a long time. Then I saw you were looking for a hunter. So, I thought: Hell, let's do it! Would simply love to raid with you guys.

- Why should you be accepted in the guild ?

Why? Because I'm the real deal, I'm the creme de la creme, I can solo every raid but I'm allowing people only for the conversation. J/k Wink I think because I've had some experience, I know how shit works, I'm not a whiney little person (little person, dwarf, get it? These jokes are terrible, I know Wink), my DPS output is usually higher than people with (sometimes in the past much) better gear. In short words: I know what's up. And no, I am not in love with myself. Cool

4. Personal information

- Your first name

Harald

- Your age

- Your country

The Netherlands

5. Varia

- modem or cable?

Cable

- blue or red?

Red

- active or passive?

Active

- black or brown?

Black

- ventrilo or teamspeak?

Both?

- How much is 10110110

Answer:

Application of Thodur, hunter OMG
Back to top Go down
Zerker
Guild Master
Zerker

PostSubject: Re: Application of Thodur, hunter   Application of Thodur, hunter EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Menu - video - Use UI scale - profit Smile
Back to top Go down
Zerker
Guild Master
Zerker

PostSubject: Re: Application of Thodur, hunter   Application of Thodur, hunter EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Fix :
- shoulder enchant
- stamina gems
- cheap crap on weapons

Thats from the hunter ignorant side ( shouldn't be far from the needed things )

Last edited by Zerker on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application of Thodur, hunter   Application of Thodur, hunter EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:21 pm

i would like some answers on some stuff here.

#1 why use weapon chains on weapons when ur above hit cap (Dont say hit is good or some crap cuz 65ap x2 is better)
#2 why do u gem stamina? (dont say gear gem bonus becuse 20 agility is better then any bonus armor gives when ur survival)
#3 why do u gem crit ? (20 agility own that in many ways)
#4 again why do u enchant with stamina?!?
#5 why do you combine pvp with pve armor?
#6 why do you gem attack power? (again agility is better)

#7 why dont you have culling of the herd talent on ur pet? (3% more dmg for you and your pet all the time more or less)

#8 why did u leave rage for order and Vaucity?

go ahead and fill me in!
Back to top Go down
patriots
Raid member
patriots

PostSubject: Re: Application of Thodur, hunter   Application of Thodur, hunter EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:18 pm

good app at first glance, this being me checking that was zod's bow, but when i looked at karates comment and looked
closer at your gear most gems are blue, 2h weap is better for hunters (this is forgivable) AND ANY PVE GEAR is better than pvp for what we do
we dont invite people based on wow-heroes. no idea why u spec resourcefulness mana shudnt be a problem. and tbh 6k in voa isn ot that impressive
i do 8k ish and even i got pwned by someone doin 9k (ofc he was using epic arrow nub). make some changes pls, no gear is not an excuse when i have alts with full pve gear.
10/25 man toc isnt hard to PUG
Back to top Go down
Thodur
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Application of Thodur, hunter   Application of Thodur, hunter EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Cheers for the replies, I'll just answer the points posted by Najten:
#1 When I got these weapons my hit rating was kind of low. I agree I should upgrade the enchant, I just wanted to replace my weapon with a good 2h before I did.
#2 I used to pvp some time ago and used these gems for that.
#3 I didn't feel like spending 200g+ on a gem for a lame armor piece. Maybe not a good excuse, but that's the reason anyways.
#4 Same reason as #2
#5 I used to pvp back in the day and I still had those items. If you saw what pve items I had as legs and boots, you would agree that even pvp armor was better than those. I totally forgot to get windrunner pieces, and so I am getting them now.
#6 On the belt I agree it's fail, didn't even know I gemmed it that way tbh. The + 130 ap on the bracers is obviously leatherworking.
#7 I do, the pet build you see on armory is pvp stylish, the one I use atm is pve.
#8 Because a while ago I had different characters which I played a lot with, but I was in the guild (Rage for Order I believe) with this character. So I decided to leave, because I didn't do much with this hunter. This is now my main though. I think I was kicked out of Vacuity because I wasn't active for about a month I think (playing other games). I did tell them I was having a break on WoW at that time, but they kicked me anyways. I don't blame them though.

And to answer patriots: I specced resourcefulness because I indeed had issues with mana actually.. I'm not sure at what bosses or times I have them, I'll have to check, but I find myself switching to viper aspect from time to time.
Back to top Go down
patriots
Raid member
patriots

PostSubject: Re: Application of Thodur, hunter   Application of Thodur, hunter EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:55 am

if u actually read resourcfulness it decrease mana cost of traps (which i hardly use) melee abilities and black arrow (which has a 24 sec CD) so its a waste.
and popping viper in a fight is not unusual we do run low on mana this is our way of dealing with it. Gems arnt really an issue anymore just run wintergrasp farm heroics.

however u seem to know ur class and u have cleared icc 4/7.
Back to top Go down
Zerker
Guild Master
Zerker

PostSubject: Re: Application of Thodur, hunter   Application of Thodur, hunter EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:57 am

I will have to say no to your request to join due to lack of will to improve your gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application of Thodur, hunter   Application of Thodur, hunter Empty

Back to top Go down

Application of Thodur, hunter
Page 1 of 1